6 Men. 6 Places. Varied backgrounds. Variety of Industry. what you finally get is a "Arusuvai virundhu". This is our honest recordings of things, news, informations which influenced us in everyday's life. Viewing this from decades from now, will throw some ideas & informations of the period we lived in. The social, cultural, political & personal influecnes of our current time is reflected in this post.

Monday, September 29, 2003

From a former British land to a French Colony


mmm.... The story begins here.....a story till untold & only can be experienced and cannot be read. I am trying to put a world of experience in words. I know it's a herculian task to do such thing, but let me try to do that once again. [ Neeyum Pidivathamum rettai piravingala!!]

3.05 PM Saturday - Start with a Shock

The comedy before that is that, I dont have a chappal to wear, so i was wearing a rubber slip, thinking that i will buy a chap. in alsa mall in offer. When i landed in alsa mall [ When our bus conductors will change their habit of giving rupee notes, with their salaiva intact, -- nalla vellai, i got coins!!] the first shock came in.

HDFC ATM was not working.. All i had is 15 rupees and 75 paise. I have got money in my account but unable to take it off, coz, ATM is not functioning. Now, my first requirement is to buy a chap. to wear. So I was searching for a shop inside alsamall, which can accept my Debit Cards as i have a Visa Electron Debit card. Vaazhga antha sales rep. who induced me to take debit card than a ATM card alone. Without a Debit Card, it was like going nowhere.[ I dont know the logic behind this, after all as a debit card holder, i am already having money in my bank. I am trying to use my card instead of cash.] Finally i found a store which can accept Visa Electron and selected a model to wear.

Bang.!! Shock No.2, after wearing and giving the Card, the machine was not functioning. I for once thought, this trip is going to be a nightmare [and fortunately it is Not!!]. The next door neighbour who sells lipstic came in for rescue for using his machine for swaping. Ushhhhhhh... i wore my chappals with comfort now after damaging Rs.350 and still i dint see saravanan in my eyesight.

3.25 PM Saturday - Water Bottle & Non Alcholic Beer
I sent an SMS and waited for a reply. Vazhakkam pola, No Reply. I called up his mobile after many rings, Herbert picks up the phone and said, they were near Sangam Theatre. Finally he is in. It all started at 3.35, when i was reading the 32nd page of "Existentialism & Fancy Banian", with saras parking the car opp. to Alsa Mall. Officially we have started the trip.

We have started to Pondicherry -- Part 1 is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home